With the introduction of East Phoenix, Sydney’s Largest Chinese Restaurant Group, Phoenix Restaurants, are proud to announce the opening of our newest restaurant. For more news visit our what's on page.
The best restaurant in Zetland talks about some quick tips for cooking fish at home
At home and looking for new ways to improve the flavour of your fish? Well as the best restaurant in Zetland we have some home cooking tips for tackling the daunting task of fish.
If you’ve ever been to our seafood restaurant in Zetland then you would know that our fish is as fresh and flavoursome as can be. Here are our tips for cooking fish:
• Frozen fish at home? Let it defrost in milk and your family won’t be able to tell the difference
• Looking for a crunchy bite to your fish? Swap out breadcrumbs for cornflakes, they give a lighter covering and your fish will soak up less oil
• If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner, individually wrap your fish in foil with vegetables, oil, lemon, salt and pepper, then bake them in the oven for approximately 30 minutes
• Do you know how long to cook your fish for? Measure the thickest part of your fish and for every inch, that is 10 minutes of cooking time
• To see if your fish is ready, make an incision in the thickest part of the fish and if the middle is the slightest bit translucent then remove it so that you don’t overcook the fish
Cooking fish is a tender process that you need to ensure is done correctly. Looking for some inspiration? Be sure to try our large variety of fresh fish dishes!