With the introduction of East Phoenix, Sydney’s Largest Chinese Restaurant Group, Phoenix Restaurants, are proud to announce the opening of our newest restaurant. For more news visit our what's on page.
Simple yum cha etiquette, by the best restaurant in Zetland
Is this going to be your first time eating yum cha with people you are assuming are professionals at it? Which is exactly why you need to be somewhat ready to tackle the yum cha experience. This is why the best restaurant in Zetland wants give you a few simple tips and tricks on the yum cha etiquette.
Welcome to yum cha etiquette 101 brought to you by our Zetland restaurant:
• The timing of going to yum cha is crucial, for the absolute best experience you must be there by 11am to get the freshest food
• Your main form of drink for the meal should be a nice hot tea, which helps with digestion
• Be sure to look beyond the dumplings and try everything that is coming around on the carts
• Did you know that dessert before savoury is okay when it comes to yum cha. Let’s be honest, who knows when the mango pancake or egg tart tray will come around again
• Keep in mind, if you are after some food or condiments that are not on the trolley, be sure to ask the waiter not the trolley aunt
Now that you know the basics of yum cha etiquette and should be fighting fit to take on your first experience! We look forward to seeing you at our seafood restaurant in Zetland.
Don’t forget that we are open 7 days a week for lunch (yum cha) and dinner (a la carte). Be sure to check out our menu to come prepared!