With the introduction of East Phoenix, Sydney’s Largest Chinese Restaurant Group, Phoenix Restaurants, are proud to announce the opening of our newest restaurant. For more news visit our what's on page.
Top 5 symbolic Chinese foods, by the best restaurant in Zetland
In the Chinese culture, there are certain foods that have specific meanings, which are eaten during different times of the year. That is why the best restaurant in Zetland wants to tell you all about the top 5 symbolic Chinese foods that you should be eating.
Seeing how food plays an important role in many different cultures, our Zetland restaurant will explain to you how food is symbolic in the Chinese culture:
• Eggs – they represent fertility, and used to announce the birth of their baby
• Noodles – these are symbol of longevity and are meant to be eaten during birthday celebrations to symbolise a long life
• Whole Fish – is a symbol of prosperity and is meant for wishes of good wealth to families
• Duck – is used and eaten to represent fidelity in the Chinese culture, they are predominately served at weddings
• Chicken – is the form of the dragon and the phoenix, it is eaten to promote and strengthen the coming forth of a family gathering or marriage
It is important for you to understand that each cuisine has their own symbolic food for you to try and indulge in, so be sure to try these foods at our Chinese restaurant in Zetland.
Don’t forget to make a booking at the best restaurant in Zetland today and enjoy some delicious yum cha for lunch or our exquisite al la carte menu for dinner.