With the introduction of East Phoenix, Sydney’s Largest Chinese Restaurant Group, Phoenix Restaurants, are proud to announce the opening of our newest restaurant. For more news visit our what's on page.
What is the Lantern Festival, by the best restaurant in Zetland
After Chinese New Year passes, everyone looks forward to the upcoming Lantern Festival. The best restaurant in Zetland is very excited to explain what goes on during this festival.
The Lantern Festival is celebrated on the 15th day of the first Chinese Lunar month and traditionally ends Chinese New Year celebrations for that year. Here are some interesting facts about the Lantern Festival:
• It was the first night festival
• It ends China’s most important festival, the Spring Festival
• Dates back 2,000 years
• Everyone greets each other with Happy Lantern Festival!
What happens on the Lantern Festival?
• The main activity is lighting and appreciating the lanterns
• Guessing various Lantern Riddles that everyone leaves for each other
• Lion Dances
• Eating Tangyuan, which are the sweet glutinous rice balls
They say the best places for you to see the lanterns include Beijing, Qinhuai, Xiamen and Shanghai!
Oh and don’t forget our Zetland Restaurant will have some Lanterns floating around too! Make a booking today and enjoy some yum cha with the family at the best restaurant in Zetland.