With the introduction of East Phoenix, Sydney’s Largest Chinese Restaurant Group, Phoenix Restaurants, are proud to announce the opening of our newest restaurant. For more news visit our what's on page.
Tips on how to tone down a dish that is too spicy, by the best restaurant in Zetland
There are a lot of ways that we can make our dishes spicy, but what happens when we make it too spicy and then it becomes unbearable to eat? Well the best restaurant in Zetland has you covered with tips on how you can tone down the spiciness in an already steaming dish.
You can either eat the spicy food and sweat, or listen to our Zetland restaurant and do these simple tips to tone down the spicy level:
• Add more ingredients to dilute the spiciness of the dish, they will absorb the flavours and spread it out evenly
• Add dairy to the dish, it is a great counteracting substance to chilli
• Add acids to the dish, tomato’s and lemons will break down the spiciness
• Add a sweetener to the dish, this works the same when a dish is too acidic it dilutes the amount of chilli that is in the dish
• Be sure to serve really hot foods (spicy) with bland and starchy foods such as bread and plain boiled rice, this way the flavours get absorbed
If you’re still battling the spiciness of a dish, then stay tuned for our Chinese restaurant in Zetland’s next article on how to combat a burning mouth!
Be sure to come on by the best restaurant in Zetland and try out yum cha for lunch or our a la carte menu for dinner with all of your friends and family.